How to store firewood
- Store the firewood in a sunny and well-ventilated place (south-west side of your building)
- Make sure the ground is dry (pallets and roundwood)
- Store the firewood with a distance of 15 cm to the ground
- It will dry faster when cross-stacked
- Cover up after dry spell
- Make sure the wood has at least 10 cm distance to the house wall when storing it under a roof or outside of the house.
- If possible store the daily consumption of firewood in a heated room.
In 4 to 12 months the firewood can easily (as shown in figure) be dried to 18-22%. Thus your annual supply can be stacked in spring and can be combusted with low emission.
If you want to know more just check on http://www.ibt-kraemer.de/ and get further information!